1. Bicycle and Electrical Components Two Years
- All bicycle components, excluding brake pads, discs, tyres and other wearable components.
- Electrical components, including controller, LCD display, speed or torque sensor, battery, motor, lights and battery charger.
2. Battery Two Years
- Battery Voltage is warranted not to fall by more than 30% within two years after purchase.
- Your battery Warranty will be void if any attempt is made to open the battery case, unless authorised in writing by an officer of Amps Electric Bikes Ltd.
- Wisper alloy frames are warranted against failure for five years. The frame does not include any bearings, fixings, the rack or front forks. Damage to the paintwork is excluded.
- Wisper carbon frames are warranted against failure for two years. The frame does not include any bearings, fixings, the rack or front forks. Damage to the paintwork is excluded.
- Height limit marks on the seat post must be strictly adhered to, if there is no mark on the seat post contact Wisper Support for advice. Fames damaged due to the seat post being used too high will not be covered under our limited Warranty.
4. Exceptions to the Warranty
- Consumable items such as tyres, inner tubes, chains, chain wheels, sprockets, brake pads, bearings, handlebar grips or cables.
- Corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in the paint, water damage, the results of fatigue and any damage, failure or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse or theft.
- Failure or damage due to poor care and maintenance, overloading with excessive weight, not observing torque restrictions and limit mark on seat post, towing, incorrect assembly and modifications to the bike, mounting and remounting of accessories.
- Damage resulting from use in competitions, jumping or other types of extreme use.
5. Extended Warranty
Your Wisper electric bike must be properly serviced at least once a year by a professional Wisper electric bike dealer. This is a condition under which we extend the one year to a two year warranty. It is therefore recommended for your convenience that you should buy the bike from a dealer as close to your home or place of work as possible. Any claim made under this warranty the second year must be accompanied by a receipt from a registered Wisper dealer showing that a service has been carried out within 12 months prior to the claim.
6. General Conditions
- Warranties are transferable on the condition that the bike is certified in good working order by an authorised Wisper dealer at the time of the transfer. The transfer application must be made in writing to Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd with a letter or email from the Wisper dealer certifying the bicycle is in good working order. Full details of the original owner with a copy of the original sales invoice showing frame and battery serial numbers must be provided. The warranty is only transferred on confirmation in writing from Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. Any warranty claim by the second owner must be accompanied by a copy of this confirmation.
- Your bike will only be covered under this warranty on the condition it was purchased from an approved Wisper dealer.
- Proof of purchase with date of purchase must be supplied if requested.
- All warranty work must be performed by an approved Wisper dealer.
- Warranty includes the replacement of parts and the cost of shipping to an approved Wisper dealer based in the UK.
- Claims for loss of use or any other compensation are excluded.
- In the event of any claim on warranty, the original warranty period will not be extended.
- In the case of a claim for a damaged frame, the frame or complete bike (cleaned) must be sent to Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd for examination. We reserve the right to charge for any labour, and/or delivery and collection. Height limit marks on the seat post must be strictly adhered to, if there is no mark on the seat post contact Wisper Support for advice.
- Your warranty will be void if you elect to repair a defective product yourself or if you use a replacement part not supplied by Amps Electric Bikes Ltd.
- Amps Electric Bikes Ltd will not be liable for any damage, failure or loss caused by the use of unauthorised components.
- Disassembling any part or component beyond that which is shown in the Owner’s Manual will void the warranty on that item and any other components that we determine are effected by such disassembly.
- Bypassing or attempting to bypass the speed limiter set to 25km/h (15.5mph) or opening or attempting to open the throttle so the bicycle can achieve speeds of more the 6km/h (4mph) will void the warranty.
- The new Wisper bike must be registered using the form on the www.wisperbikes.com website within four weeks of the date of purchase. Battery and bike frame serial numbers must accurately be included in the registration process.
- Wisper warranties are based on your bike being returned to the dealer from whom you purchased the bike. Amps Electric Bikes Ltd cannot arrange collection of a bike which needs attention under warranty or for servicing free of charge. We will accept the bike to be serviced or worked on under warranty however at our UK workshops the a charge for the supply of a carton, collection and return will be made before the bike is collected.
Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. provides a 30-Day Return Window (see Return of Non-Defective Products below) and the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser, see note 1 under General Conditions above for exceptions.
Please note that any warranty services or questions must be accompanied by the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was purchased. The order number serves as your warranty number and must be retained. Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. will offer no warranty service without this number.
Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. warrants this product and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for the periods stipulated in paragraphs one two and three above from the original ship date. During this period, Amps Electric Bikes Ltd will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts at Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd.’s option, without charge to you.
Shipping fees incurred from returns for under-warranty service in the first 30-days will be paid by Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. All shipping fees both to and fromAmps Electric Bicycles Ltd. following this 30-day period must be paid by the customer. All returns, both during and following the 30-day period, must be affected via the Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service described below.
All original parts (parts installed by Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd.) replaced by Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. or its authorised Dealer become the property of Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. Any after-market additions or modifications will not be warranted. The ebicycle owner is responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty.
Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, other than as set forth below. Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the electric bicycle. Under no circumstances shall Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the electric bicycle.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty extends only to new Wisper branded products distributed and/or sold by Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. It is effective only if the products are purchased and operated in the United Kingdom of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The Two year warranty only applies to new Products. Products sold at a discount second hand or ex demonstrators do not qualify for a warranty unless stated and the warranty period may be reduced.
- This warranty covers only normal use of the electric bicycle. Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from (i) misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; (ii) disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or (iii) service or alteration by anyone other than an authorised Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. representative or Dealer; (iv) damages incurred through irresponsible use, including those resulting from non-recommended practices.
- You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
- No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfilment of this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover the use of any Wisper bike or product if the bike or product has been used “off road” or in competitions of any kind.
Return of Non-Defective Products
A non-defective product may be returned to Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. within thirty (30) days of the invoice date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
- Amps Electric Bicycles Ltd. will refund neither the original shipping cost nor the shipping and handling fees incurred from the products return. If the original purchase was made under a “Free Shipping” promotion then a standard £40 fee will be deducted from any return in counter to that offer.
- Any non-defective returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, which percentage is taken from the final purchase price less any shipping or handling charges.
To return a non-defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number and follow the Return of Products Instructions below. The RMA is valid for 10 days from date of issuance. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA. Manufacturer restrictions do apply. Non-defective product can only be returned if unused and boxed in the original carton.
Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
Returning Merchandise Policy:
Any shipping costs after 30 days (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair is the customers’ responsibility. All returned parts must have your details written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted.
General Wisper Bicycle Care
Like any bicycle, it is important that your Wisper Electric Bicycle is kept clean and well lubricated. Our ebikes fall into the City and Trekking category and are not designed as mountain bikes. If you do use your Wisper bike “off road”, it is important that all mud and sand is cleaned from all moving parts and the parts are lightly lubricated, before storage or further use. Make sure no lubricant is applied to braking surfaces. A build up of mud and/or sand on moving parts may damage your bike and in extreme cases could negate your warranty.
All bicycles need regular servicing and electric bicycles in particular should be serviced and checked over by an electric bike specialist at least once a year. If you are using the bicycle on a daily basis, for your safety and for the correct level of maintenance, we recommend six monthly servicing. Your Wisper dealer will be happy to help you look after your bike.
If you are unsure regarding daily maintenance and use of your bike, please refer to your Wisper dealer or your Wisper Handbook for further advice.
Keeping You on the Road
If within the two-year warranty period, your Wisper bike malfunctions and is not usable due to a failure covered in our Warranty. We will, on request from the supplying Wisper dealer, supply a courtesy bike for your use until your Wisper bicycle is back on the road.
We cannot guarantee that you will receive the same model. Courtesy bikes must be returned in a clean and road worthy condition or a charge may be made. We reserve the right to charge you the full new retail price if a courtesy bike is lost, stolen or is not returned when requested. To qualify for our courtesy bike scheme you must register your Wisper Bike on-line within two weeks of purchase.
Keeping You on the Road is only available on 2017 and later Wisper Bicycle Models and only applies to the original purchaser, if you need confirmation please contact us.
Nothing in the above affects your statutory rights.